Chocolate ball or Oats ball 0
The first thing a Swedish kid learns to bake. We call them Chocolate ball or Oats ball.
- 100 g softened butter
- 1 ½ dl sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoapowder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 4 dl oats flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- For garnish:
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- toasted flaked almonds
- or Swedish pearl sugar, pärlsocker
- Start by pouring coconut flakes and almonds or pearl sugar in a bowl.
- Stir together butter and sugar. Add cocoa, vanilla sugar, oat flakes and water. Mix well.
- Shape the batter into 2 lengths and cut into 15 pieces each. Roll the pieces into 30 balls and roll them in coconut flakes and almonds.
- The sweets should be kept cool in the tin with a lid.
Replace the water with boiled, cold coffee to get a different flavour