Fresh fried herring on crisp bread 0
Fresh fried herring on crisp bread.
- 600 g of fresh herring fillets
- 1 dl coarse rye flour
- 3 teaspoon salt
- ½ buch of parsley
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- butter for frying
- For serving:
- 4 pieces of Swedish crisp bread, knäckebröd
- You also need:
- baking paper
- Rinse the fish in cold water and remove any fins. Pick the parsley prigs. Sprinkle some of the rye flour and salt on the baking paper.
- Place half of the fish fillets on the butter paper with the skin side up. Divide the parsley and put the other fillets on top with the skin side up.
- Mix the rest of the rye flour and salt with the pepper. Dip the fish into the mixture. Put them on a cutting board to dry a little.
- Heat plenty of butter in a cast iron pan and fry the fish on low-heat for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. The surface shall be golden brown and crispy.
- Put the fish on top of crisp bread spred with butter.