Gravlax, cold-cured salmon 0
Choose a nice middles when to make gravlax, which is cold-cured salmon. This is the classic spice rubbing with sugar, salt, white pepper and dill.
- 1 kg salmon fillet with skin
- 1 bunch dill, stems and panicles
- ½ dl salt
- 1 dl granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse crushed white peppercorns
- Pull off all the bones out of salmon fillet, wipe the surface and divide the piece in two.
- Roughly chop the dill. Mix together the salt, sugar, pepper and dill. Rub the fish’s flesh sides with the mixture.
- Place them with flesh sides together in a plastic bag.
- Place the plastic bag with the salmon on a plate, put something heavy on top and place in the fridge for 2 days and nights.Turn the other side up halfway through.
- To serve: Cut into thin slices.
You do not freeze in farmed salmon before making gravlax. Do you use wild caught salmon, please follow the health recommendation to freeze the fish at least three days.