Lingonberry jam 0
The most popular Swedish jam ever is this one, with lingonberries. To rinse the berries and to take away the foam is done to ensure longer shelf life of the jam.
- 2 liters of lingonberry
- 5 dl sugar
- Rinsing water:
- 1 liter water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, 12 %
- To be needed:
- jars of glass with lids
- Start with cooking water and vinegar. Cool and put in refridgerator to cool completely.
- Set the jars in 100°C oven, or wash them in dishwasher to get them perfectly clean and warm.
- Clear the lingonberries. Gently rinse the berries in a sieve or colander.
- Put the berries and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, lower the temperature and let the jam simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Let simmer about 12 minutes.
- Remove most of the pink foam. Pour the jam into the jars, allow to cool and put on the lids.