Mustard sauce for gravlax 0
This sweet and salt sauce is a must to serve with gravlax. The sauce is often called Sauce maitre d’Hotel or Hovmästarsås, which means ‘made by the headwaiter’. Back in time, the headwaiter used to mix the ingredients together by the table for his guests.
- 1 dl Swedish sweet mustard
- 1 ¼ dl sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon HP sauce
- 2 ½ dl neutral oil
- 2 dl dill, chopped
- Mix together mustard, sugar and vinegar. Stir in salt, pepper and HP sauce.
- Beat slow down the oil until it becomes a thick, glossy sauce.
- Stir in half of the dill just before serving and put the rest on top.