Reindeer mousse 0
Reindeer mousse is one of the favorite samples at walking food tour Nordic Experience, which I do with Food Tours Stockhom. The mousse we taste at shop Hellbergs’ in Hotorgshallen has naturally got a secret recipe, but this mix is similar to the taste. This recipe comes from famous chef Leif Mannerström.
- 200 g smoked reindeer steak
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 dl cottage cheese, Philadelphia cream cheese type
- 1 dl sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pinch ground white pepper
- Shred the meat very finely.
- Place it in a bowl with onion, cream cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard and horseradish. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir together into a homogeneous mix, and store cool to serving.