Sour milk bread rolls 0
Svart sirap, black syrup, is what makes this lovely bread taste so good. It is a product that bakeries and restaurants can by from their wholesale. In Stockholm you can buy black syrup at bakery Gateau. Maybe you can find it in internet-shops. In ordinary grocery stores you can find dark baking syrup. It’s almost the same. Brödkrydda, Bread Spice consists of minced fennel, anise and caraway. Store the bread in a plastic bag, or put in fridge, otherwise it will dry wuite quickly.
- 1 ½ dl flour
- 1 dl coarse rye flour
- ¾ dl whole wheat flour
- 1 dl crushed rye
- ½ dl wheat bran
- ¾ tablespoons bicarbonate
- 1 ¼ tablespoon bread spice, ”brödkrydda”
- 5 dl filmjölk, sour milk or kefir
- 1 dl black syrup or dark baking syrup
- You also need:
- small molds, ”bullformar”
- Preheat oven to 225 °C. Place the molds on a baking tray.
- Mix together flour, rye flour, wheat flour, crushed rye, wheat bran, baking soda and bread spice. Turn down the sour milk and syrup.
- Pour the batter into the molds.
- Bake the bread for about 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Make a nice fruit-bread, mix 1 cup dried fruit into the batter and bake as a loaf in a loaf pan on 170°C for 1 ½ hours.