Swedish crisp bread 0
Homemade crisp bread, which can be stored for several months in a dry place.
- 2 dl water (¾ cup)
- 25 g yeast (0,055 lb)
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 dl wheat flour (1 ½ cups)
- 2 ½ dl rye flour (1 cup)
- You will also need:
- rye flour for baking
- knobbed lefse rolling pin
- plasic foil
- greaseproof paper
- Preheat oven to 250°C (480°F). Dress sheets with parchment paper. Heat the water to 37°C (99°F).
- Crumble the yeast into a bowl and stir in a bit of water. Add the remaining water and stir the yeast properly.
- Mix together wheat four, rye flour and salt. Mix in the flour in the water, a little at a time, and work into a smooth dough.
- Place dough on floured surface and divide it into two parts. Shape each portion to a length and cut into 10 pieces each.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball. Place each ball between plastic foil, sprinkle with flour, and roll with knobbed lefse rolling pin into a thin cake, 15 cm (6 in) in diameter.
- Place the loaves on baking sheets, 2 at a time, and bake in the oven about 5 minutes.
- Take out and allow the bread to cool on a grate.